Tuesday, March 31, 2009

LIghts????

So my renting lights experience wasn't what I thought it was going to be.  I thought it was going to be so easy and that I was going to get to take all these cool shoots that I wanted to try out.  Yeah that was not the case.  I thought that I was going to be able to set up these lights and start shooting.....nope!  It took me all friday night and sat morning to get my camera and lights adjusted so I could at least see what I was taking a picture of.  Here are some examples of what they looked like...plus they were blurry.   

Here's Cayden getting tired of me saying just a couple of more.   
Then it finally resorted to me taking pictures of Elmo!!!   Yeah it was pretty fun!  I had to keep adjusting my camera settings to fine the one that would work and Cayden did not want to sit that long, so Elmo became my model!
And poor Elsa....I had so many plans for pictures with Elsa that we weren't able to get to because I still didn't have the lights working.  I had even bought these great hats and a tutu to put her in...and totally forgot to use them.  Oh well I'll have to do it another time. 
So yeah my weekend with the lights did not go as planned.  But it was still fun to try and I did get some good photos even though it took me forever to figure this stuff out.  I'll post some of those photos here the next time I get a chance too!  

No comments: