Saturday, September 18, 2010

Kids fun run/My 2 mile run

Cayden did his first Kids fun run this year during the River Falls Days. He did awesome and was super excited to do it!! As you can see he ran his little heart out.


I also ran my first 2 mile race....I should say run because I was not trying to win, I was just trying to make it to the finish line! I did train for this race and felt pretty good about it until the morning of. That morning did not start off like I planned. Justin was already gone helping set up the course, the kids decided to choose that morning to sleep in and I couldn't find my ipod anywhere. So needless to say My running partner Jamie(bil) got to hear me complain the whole way!!! Sorry Jamie. But mentally knowing I didn't have my ipod and had never ran with out it and hate running in the first place it was really hard for me to not focus on the running part. With my ipod i can usually get my self in a zone. So on that note you can tell I enjoyed it huh?? Actually once i was done it wasn't so bad....I actually think I'll do it again next year. And I also might do a 13 mile walk/run race in Nashville in April!?!?! Will seee.

2 comments:

icecubes said...

Way to go!!! You Rock!!!

linz said...

Good job on your run Alicia. You did it and that's a great accomplishment. I ran a 5k this weekend and it was hard getting back into the swing of things, but you feel so good afterwards. I agree, the IPod helps!!!