Thursday, September 4, 2008

Cheese Curds!!!!

We made Cheese Curds for Cayden's birthday and I think my brother and I were in heaven!!!  Not to brag but these were the best cheese curds we've had!!  They were a big hit so we decided to make them again this past Labor Day weekend. 
 
Jamie my brother in law was sad that he was not going to be there on the day that we made them so we thought we'd make a test run the day before so that he could have some too.....
it seems that we weren't paying attention to the oil that we had started and it started on fire! 

Not a good thing....I seriously was scared that we were going to burn the cabin down.  I think we were all in shock that this was really happening and that we weren't probably going to get our cheese curds.  Finally my neighbor took action and got it under control!  (he probably thinks were crazy, this wasn't the first time he's had to help us out in some situation!)

Needless to say we didn't get cheese curds that day.  But good think I got my dad to agree that we could still make them the next day!!!  We were a lot more careful and they were the hit of the day!!!   We will definitely be making cheese curds every summer!!!


3 comments:

Our Love Story said...

Looks yummy!

I can't believe Cayden is 3! Holy buckets! Evelyn is 1 - which is hard to believe - but 3! Time flies!

Staples said...

Mmmm I would like some cheese curds right now.

Staples said...

My heart is deeply saddened that I could not partake in Cheesecurd Heaven...although the fire was somewhat entertaining.